4/2/08

Velvet revolver the last fight.....ever:(

I am totally shocked!!!! When I googled to get some information for this review about Velvet revolver in Amsterdam, I came to find that they are breaking up!!! I've just seen their last concert ever:( It is really a shame, cause I hoped to see this great band more often, but obviously that is not going to happen:( Scott Weiland, singer of the band announced at the gig in Glasgow that they were watching a very special show....A show of the last tour of Velvet Revolver. The band had been shocked that moment, but things weren't going very well between the guys. This had been also very obvious on stage. They were a great awesome spectaculair band, one like I've never seen before....but something was missing, and now I know what! They weren't enjoying it!! They didn't smile or looked happy and now I understand why! You should read what these guys have been saying about their bandmates, it's right here in this article: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1583956/20080324/velvet_revolver.jhtml?rsspartner=rssColdFusion Plus, Scott and (I guess some of (or all) of the other bandmates) have serious drugs problems! Scott has just been out of rehad just before this tour! So I guess I should be happy that they didn't cancelled this tour... I think that the biggest problem in their band is....They all have a huge huge HUGE ego!!! And that just doesn't work...If you see them perform, you get the point... Slash is an amazing guitarist, really the best guitarist of the world!!! But the problem is that he knows that makes him stand more in the middle than the Scott does...And that makes him play at least one or two guitarsolos in one song....And that makes him always want to end the song!!....And (I have to say I was in for that) that makes him play a (at least) five minute guitarsolo, which was awesome (btw).....He totally blew the other bandmates away and that is very ego! The question though is....Is it okay what Slash is doing? I mean he is the best guitar player there is, so is he allowed to be have a huge ego?! Tell me what you think! But of course it is not only Slash' fault...Because they are all bandmates from huge former bands:Guns n' Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, they are frustrated that they are not as succesfull as they used to be...I mean they didn't even sold out the show in Amsterdam...Their last ever show! And it is not even a very big hall!!! A lot of people might think that these guys are old farts now, but that is totally not true! They play real rock and roll, I even think that they are better than Guns n' Roses, they are more underground:)They played almost all their best songs, exept for Spectacles:( They even played some of the Guns n' Roses songs like 'Have al little patience'. Slash played on a lot of different guitars, one of them of course the Gibson Les Paul! The start had been weird..After waiting an hour after a strange band called Sons of Aboil (or something like that) they finally arrove on a hip hop song:P Well they set it straight after that point...They are a selection of the best bandplayers of the world, so sure they make technical awesome music!The sound in the beginning wasn't very good, but that wasn't their fault. The crowd had been very boring and old...(I'm sorry..) The band seems not to attract the youth a lot...But I think that has not to do with their music, their music is ageless, original and energetic...I think it has to do with their attitude, Velvet Revolver is the kind of band, you expect trouble of! They have huge ego's, do not smile a lot, and seem to have not a lot of interest in what they are doing...The youth seems to chose performances above music these days and I think bands just have to go with that! We like to see hot young Ian Watkinskindofmen with nice clothes, movements, smiles and especially pleasure on stage. But I am really going to miss Velvet revolver and I will play their record again and again and again and again and..... Well...It did surprised me that yesterday they didn't say anything about that this would be their last show, should we still have a little hope? I hope so...

This is a part of the awesome solo Slash played, I've never heard such a great guitarsolo in my life before....






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if VR will play STP songs anymore.

Ragecarnnuu

Anonymous said...

WHAAAT?! Alot of the things you wrote are true and I agree with but this being even partially Slash's fault?! I... I can't even think of anything to SAY for that! And VR being better than Guns n' Roses? That just make me wanna... -sigh- And you couldn't have thought of anything else to post except old farts? That's a bit harsh... Sorry if I sound rude or anything like that but I just... don't agree. I do like the video though. That guitar solo is AWESOME!!! And you're right, they have a HUGE ego but alot of bands do... I also agree with the fact that they didn't seem happy but did you see the picture you put with the article? If Scott did that to me I would've done something about it because that's just embarrasing and awkward, you know? It.. it doesn't look right. I'm so so sorry if I sound like an evil little imp who hates you but I'm just posting an opinion so try not to take it too personally, okay? ;)