5/1/08

Geeky freaky London Calling...

Alright I am not going to say a lot about the London Calling gig I've been last saturday. I used to LOVE London Calling! But this time I was actually very disappointed...I looked like everything had changed, the music the style, the clothes..Is everybody fed up with the nice cheerful britpop nowadays? I undersatnd that there has been an overdosis of new britpop bands, but that is something to be proud of! I love britpop as it uses to be. The britpop from the Wombats, the Pigeon detectives, the Rifles, Look See Proof, The View.....whatever, even the Arctic Monkeys! But I don't like things such as the Klaxons, Cage the elephant, broken records and other stuff that appeared this time on London Calling! Especially the Rascals were horrible...I almost fel asleep while watching them! This new sound is a mix of some kind of rock with electro and dance. It has no remarkable conrous and it contains strange instruments. You won't believe me but I have seen a chello and a violin on stage!!! Not that I didn't have any fun, cause it was fun, but I was also sooo tired cause I just returned from my snowboardholiday that same day...And when the music is terrible I also love to watch the artist..At least when they look good. In seems to be 'hot'to look as a nerd...I am sorry but trust me that is not 'hot'or 'attactive'at all. They all looked like geeks, some made like geeks, some real old fashioned geeks, that should have never been in a band if it wasn't 'hot'nowadays.But well...trends come and go..You will see, just like the skinny jeans that 'should'dissapear according to the fashion desingers...We will strike back...And we will come back harder and faster than ever before!!!

No comments: