8/18/08

Interview with My Future Lies!































They are the most awesome band of Australia. With their breath taking songs and fast growing fanbase they are ready to conquer the world. This isn't just another rockband, this is a band with personality. They really care about their fans and they offer help where needed. With a charity drive for the Parkinson disease and with their open hearts they seem to be the Spidermans and Supermans of rock! Recently they changed their name from 'Acid Eyeliner' to 'My Future Lies',but they are still the same band and they still rock! That is why you should listen to their songs, tell your friends about them and read the interview! You can listen to their songs on their myspace : http://www.myspace.com/myfuturelies

Interview with Lukey Lukess (My Future Lies)
Interviewed by Pearl Vink
Image by Sheerimage

Since January 2006 you have already made a wonderful debut album called Future lies , released a live DVD, performed twice at MTV and drove an adventures charity drive. How has the ride been so far?

We've had an amazing journey. I can't say it has been easy and the financial burden of being full time musicians not signed to a label has been a heavy weight on our shoulders. That said, we're so lucky to have a great fan base that grows daily on myspace and facebook and these people have supported us at our shows and by purchasing all our merch online all over the world.

I noticed that your songs do not only sound amazing, they have got awesome lyrics as well. How does the writing process take place?

I usually just write songs when something comes out. I tend not to sit down and try write too many songs. A hook line will come to me when I'm driving or laying in bed and then I quickly grab a guitar and work out a melody. Songs such as Kissing you in the Driveway came to me while I was driving over the harbour bridge of all places.

Is there a song on the album you prefer yourself?

My favourite song would be Future Lies. It has a very special meaning to me and the lyrics really reflect a part of my life I'll never forget or regret.

On a trampoline these kids would kiss and talk all night
too young to know their future dreams would turn into future lies.
When you were a kid, which of your future dreams turned out to be future lies?

Well I guess things I thought were pretty secure as a kid can change so fast. From girlfriends to my own family and personal walk through life, so much changed and continues to change. I try to not plan my future anymore, but go where life takes me.

You are probably already living the dream, but what would you like to achieve more with your band in the future?

I'd love to achieve a lot more. We're really only just scraping the surface here in Australia and we're currently getting a lot of attention from fans in the USA and UK. Due to the lack of major labels and people that can support us here we may end up spending a lot more time in the USA. That said, listen to the lyrics from the song "here forever" to know how passionate I am about the country we live in and how much I love Australia. Sadly it isn't giving us the breaks we need though.

You did a charity drive to raise money for Parkinson's Australia. How did you experience that?

It was amazing. To see our amazing country side from the window of my Austin Healey was an adventure I'll never forget. It was also really good that we could tie this into a charity and share information on a disease that hardly gets a mention in day to day media.

I know it is like the biggest distance you can travel, but will you ever come to the Europe for a tour?

I'll do everything possible to come to Europe. We have so many amazing people there already supporting us. We have a street team of 4200+ people in Europe and it only takes someone to pay our airfares and we'd be there doing shows.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great!

Anonymous said...

Love it, good questions

Anonymous said...

Finally checked the interview, great questions! Youve got talent p! x Lau