8/18/08

Lowlands

Certainly the best festival of Europe, Lowlands! This yearly festival in Holland ended yesterday and of course it had been a great party again. I´ve seen bands like the Plain White T´s, HIM, The Wombats, The Hives, The Pigeon Detectives, The Frattelis, We Are Scientists, Editors, Sex Pistols, N*E*R*D and a lot more! Three awesome full of great music.

The Pigeon Detectives

It all started with the Pigeon Detectives. Luckily I was just on time for this concert, cause I love the Pigeon Detectives! It was the sixth time I've seen them, but still every gig of them is different. I have to say that they have grown up since the first times I've seen them and I liked them better before. But who can resist this naughty frontman Matthew Bowman? He really knows how to entertain the audience and makes every gig an awesome party! I think the Pigeons are the second best britpop band on earth... So who might be the best?

The Wombats

That is an easy question, the Wombats! The Wombats play with such an amount of energy, that just incredible! The songs sound cheerful, but do have an deeper meaning. It sounds like the perfect combination. The Bats are absolutely charming!

Sex Pistols

The second day I really looked forward to see the Sex Pistols. Not that I like their music so much, but you have to admit that the Sex Pistols are important history. They are legends! The band where all the punk started! I certainly agree with their statement that Punk isn't dead...But I think the Sex Pistols are. I expected a lot more of this band. Te songs were alright, but the didn't perform the way I thought they would do. I remembered the last gig from Iggy and the Stooges on Lowlands and I hoped it to be that kind of performance. But I am happy that I have seen them, just to be able to say: I've seen the Sex Pistols;)

HIM

I am a big fan of Finnish bands and that's why I really needed to see His Infernal Majesty. I really like the attitude that surounds this band. Ville Valo is the ultimate singer for this band and his mysterious look makes me really enjoy his dark romantic music.

The Hives

Another band with another kind of awesome attitude are the Hives. The singer of this band has such a big attitude, that it is soooo funny! One moment he said: It is sooo hot in here, maybe that is because we are sooo hot! Then he made us blew wind to him with our hands and he said: Well I needed a reason to take of my shirt cause it looks soooo beautiful! Absolutely the most funny singer I've ever seen! The songs were great as well. He dared to compare his band with the Beatles and the Rolling Stones...But I have to say that songs like Two timing touch and broken bones and Hate to say I told you so are absolutely punk rock classics;)

N*E*R*D

They were pronounced as the only real rockstars... I don't really get that, cause it ain't real rock what they are playing. Despite that they do rock! Lowlands was singing along, Pharrel really got the audience ready to party!

Plain White T's

The real rockstars on Lowlands were the Plain White T's!!! I love them sooo much:) They were the best band on Lowlands! Their songs are powerful, energetic, absolutely beautiful and their ballads are just breath taking... You might know the song 'Hey There Delilah', I think that the lyric of this song is just brilliant... One moment he sang it without instruments and that was sooo amazingly beautiful, I can't even describe it... I was blowing bubbles at that concert and at one moment Tom, the singer(third one from the left on the picture) said: There are a lot of girls in the front and that girl over there is blowing bubbles:) So I may sound crazy but that made me so incredeble happy!!!So all excited I tried to blow more bubbles, but I blew to hard and he said: Oooow that one didn't work out that well... After the gig I went to get autographs and the guitarist said: hey you are the girl with the bubbles:) When I came to Tom he said the same and I gave him a heart shaped lollypop. He was really happy with it and held it by his heart like a heartbeating, drew me a heart and made me the happiest girl in the world!:)

No comments: