1/17/08

A Look at the View...

I've had the same jeans on for four days now, I'm gonna go to a disco.....

Yeah, that's the View!!! The View is a band from (kind of predictable) Scotland!!! They play, well it's difficult to say...But my Ipod says: Britpop, pop, alternative and punk... I guess that they are just very original. When I first heard the song Same Jeans, I thought that this might be a one week band... The song same jeans is nice, but it sounds like every other Britpop song.. Sometimes this Britpop hype drives me a bit crazy...I like Britpop, but there are soooo many of same Britpop bands!!! So I thought that The View was just another... But I was wrong.... I have seen them in concert like a month ago and I have to say, I still wasn't completely impressed.... Then I got their cd: Hats off to the Buskers And I came to find that they really have their own sound! Same jeans is comparable with the song 'Don't tell me', it's nice, but not brilliant. They do have some brilliant songs on the cd... The song 'Skag Trendy' sounds very experimental and very good!! His voice goes from high to low to high to low...Well I don't know how to explain it..You should just listen to it! The song 'The Don' almost sounds like country...It makes you feel like line dancing..Very strange, but you can not say that they are the same as all the other Britpop bands... The song 'Face for the radio' makes me think of 'Hey there Delilah' from the plain white t's. A very emotional, beautiful rockbalad...I love it! And then 'Typical time' ...Well, typical it is... I makes me want to sing pompompom...Yeah actually I don't know how to explain it:P But my favourite song is 'Wasteland', this song has a weird structure (just like the rest of the cd)... It starts with a kind of ska melody, it turns on in somekind of reggae and then it turns over in punk! You should hear it, it's so completly weird, that it becomes great! I can't say that this is my favourite cd ever, but it is definately the most original one...With their rich amount of styles you would think that the cd becomes a mess, but that is not true! Despite their strange structure, they do have their own sound and you would recognise them out of all the Bripop bands! The punk, reaggae, ska, country and Britpop makes the cd original, very funny and above all just brilliant...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the view are amazing but theyre not from england. theyre from Dundee wich is in Scotland. You should listen to the libertines they were similar.