6/10/08

Pinkpop!

Pinkpop, one of Hollands biggest festival....It is already a while ago, 30 and 31 Mai, but those were some days I won´t forget soon. Pinkpop is actually three days, but since the weekendtickets were sold out in just half an hour I got two daytickets. So who have I seen, let me think....Metallica, the Foo Fighters, Incubus, Air traffic, Kaiser Chiefs, Sterephonics, Alter Brigde, Bad religion and a lot more that apperantly didn´t make a huge impression on me. The Foo Fighters were definately the best. This old rockers sure know how to play. The performance may be little bit less, but this band doesn´t really need a great performance. The structure of their songs are amazing, you can feel the energy they give to their music. Metallica was also a strong band...I can´t say it is really my type of music, but they do leave a impression on everyone. The show took 2 and a half hours! and was completely with fireworks and all...Kind of spectaculair!Not as spectaculair, but just as fun were the Kaiser Chiefs! Ooo I love them, or actually their music...It makes me smile and that can be also very important in music. I really regret that the Wombats played on the day that I wasn´t there. Their music makes me smile even more and they have the cutest basplayer ever....but whatever, lets stick to the Kaiser Chiefs. They connected with the audience and had a great performance. The singer jumped from left to right, went into the audience and turned the not crowdsurfing board up side down (it was actually kind of funny, but you should have seen it). Incubus kind of upset me, cause I expected a lot from them. I almost fell asleep, cause they were soooo boring! There was no power at all in the music so they were like the opposit of the Foo Fighters. Bands like Stereophonics and Alter Brigde were okay, I don't have to see them again, but it was nice to see them. I can't wait till the next festival, probably Lowlands. Maybe the festival in Lierop with Vanilla Sky ( my lovely Italians ). Lowlands has a great line up this year, with the Pigeon Detectives, the Wombats, The Sex Pistols, We are Scientists and N*E*R*D. I hope that I can buy a ticket before it is sold out! I have aslo been to the Lostprophets las week I will write a huge review about that later, cause that had been sooooooo AWESOME! Ian Ian Ian I love him, my cheek his sweaty back, perfect combination;)Can't wait to tell you about that! But you'll just have to wait...Thursday I will go to the Pigeon Detectives, which will also be very nice...

No comments: