12/27/07

Some awesome concerts...

After a dark time, with not more than one nice concert a month, the sun is getting up again! When I checked the incredible site that is always able to tell me what gigs I should go to, I saw a fresh new list of awesome gigs I have to go to! It is just like some people say as an excuse to buy clothes: 'The dress, o my god! it was begging me to buy him!!! Please take me home!' Well that is how the gigs at the site were looking as me as well... I just have to go!! Do you wanna know what bands are coming to the Netherlands? Even if you don't wanna know, I'm gonna tell you anyway;) Well, The Wombats are coming! I absolutely love them! They make cheerful britpop, with funny lyrics;) I have seen them twice on london calling (a festival with upcoming britpop bands) and you just couldn't resist loving them, with their energetic performance, accapella songs (like postman pat) and the never ending smile of the bassist;) A gig from the Wombats means lots and lots and lots of fun!! You should check them out: http://www.myspace.com/thewombatsuk no...you really really really must check them out;) Oo and a legend is coming to Amsterdam! Velvet Revolver!! Velvet revolver makes totally different music than the Wombats. I think you can it call hard-rock, or something like that! You probably know this already, but Velvet Revolver is half of Guns and Roses (also a very great band I think)! For example Slash is in it! Woow I think Slash is the best guitarist ever! He plays sooo incredibly good it always gives me a shiver, when I hear one of his guitar solos! Have you ever heard november rain from guns and roses? I never really listened good to it, until yesterday. That song is sooo amazing!! It starts a little bit soft, then a slowly but incredible solo comes up, the song gains more power due to that and when you think the song ends....Some piano starts playing and an incredibly amazingly awesome solo comes up and the song becomes heavy. Well I was very surprised and I have to say that I have never heard a song before with such a great structure! I have never seen Velvet Revolver before, so I can't wait untill the first of april!http://www.myspace.com/velvetrevolver A week after that the Rifles come to The Netherlands. They are very nice, with their catchy britpop thats sticks in your head forever;) I've seen them twice, one time on london calling and one time on lowlands (the biggest festival in the Netherlands). Check them out! And especially the song local boy! http://www.myspace.com/therifles You might know 30 seconds to mars... No? Well, but you know Jared Leto don't cha;)? Jared Leto is an actor and singer of the very famous band 30 seconds to mars! This band is coming here on the ninth of februari:) I love this band, and not only because of Jared Leto (like a lot of girls do..). 30 seconds to mars makes, well what should I call it.., hard-rock? emo? Maybe I should just call it very nice music! They have their own army of fans, make a real impressive American performance and have magical lyrics. Once you have heard the deep and meaningful voice of Jared Leto, I promise you, you can't stop listening anymore. And if that doesn't make you listen to it, well you should take a look into his eyes... It is like they curse you so you will never be able to forget 30 seconds to mars...

No comments: