12/31/07

And the winners are...

It is already the end of the week, end of the month and also the end of the year! That means that I have to pronounce you, the winners of the best concert, the best band, best upcoming band, the best lyric, best cd and the best guitarist of the whole year!!! It had been a difficult decission, cause every band has their own charme, every lyric their own meaning and every guitarist their own style... We will start with the best band..


The best band...


This had been the most difficult one...Lets start with the seven best bands... I think that bands like, the pigeon detectives, deep insight, lostprophets, the wombats, my chemical romance and look see proof did a very good job this year. The Pigeon detectives are amazing, they proof that you can achieve a lot with doing simple things. They have simple lyrics like; I am so in love with you, I just don't know what I should do, I'll do nothing and I'll just dream, I never seem to get it right, It seemed that tonight, I don't know how to say goodbye and if I did I surely cried!. Those lyrics may look simple, but I think that they are brilliant! Great singalongs and they just make you feel happy:) They grew a lot in one year and their performace is fenomenal!The Wombats are amazing as well, their songs are also great singalongs and feel good songs! Their performance is in another way than that of the pigeon detectives fenomenal..They seem to be funny and spontanious as well, and I think attitude is also very important for a band, especially for an upcoming band! Look see proof is also a great new upcoming band, also britpop, but a little bit more serious...They are really talented and I think that they are going to be huge! I can't get enouph of their songs, you really should listen to them, they sound great!!! Their performance is very energetic, just really good! And the guitarist is a cutie;) that counts as well!!My Chemical Romance is a very famous, but very good band! Their last cd "the black parade" made a real statement! Song like "dead" and "famous last words" are just very very good! But I have to admit, that bands like the pigeon detectives and the lostprophets have a better performance...The Lostprophets are the kings of the performance! Their songs are awesome and they are just stage animals!!! Lostprophets frontman Ian Watkins is according to a lot of fans the most sexy man on this planet, and I can't disagree;) They have so much energy on stage and I have never seen a crowd so wild!! Ian loves to crowdsurf and the fans go wild just to be able to touch him...Their last cd called: "A liberation transmission" is a little poppier than the others, but I love it! Although the next album is going to be darker, the songs become more powerful and sooooo amazingly good!!! New songs like "the dead", " next stop atrocity" and "weapon" are one of the best I've ever heard! They grew a lot this year! Their style changed, musically, but also in their clothes and they have the best style I could imagine;) Deep Insight stays my favourite band! They have everything...the style, the quality, the performance, the sound and the look! They haven't been in the Netherlands this year..It had almost been two years ago, but still I think about them every day...they have something magical and they are soooo nice! The nicest artists on the planet;) I just don't get why they don't break trough in the Netherlands...They are busy making an album right now, I am very excited about that! But I wished that that would come to the Netherlands:( They stay my favourite band ever, because of their music and giving me the best day of my life, but I can't say that they are the band of the year, simply because they didn't give us an album this year and didn't perform for us this year... So for the best band I have to go for.....tadadada....The Lostprophets!!!! If you could make me cry at a gig, you deserve it!!!!

No comments: